Atlanta NightLife Restaurants Entertainment Feature News
TASTE OF ATLANTA TICKETS ON SALE SEPTEMBER 1!
Landmark Midtown Festival Celebrates 10TH Anniversary
ATLANTA (August 31, 2011) – For its 10th anniversary, Taste of Atlanta brings the culinary creativity to a
new level. Featuring city favorites, novel newcomers and global eateries, the street festival welcomes more
than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite dining destinations Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23 in Tech
Square. With gourmet grub from the city’s most renowned restaurateurs, live cooking demos and more,
Taste of Atlanta is the ultimate ticket to palate-pleasing fun this fall.
The landmark celebration combines festival favorites and new experiences: Barcraft Competition.It’s back! Guests can channel their inner mixologist and sample cocktails from Atlanta’s best bartenders as they compete for the top spot. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
• Family Food Zone – Step right up for demos and cooking lessons from national and local chefs in an
interactive environment. New for 2011, the Top Chef Kids Competition offers hands-on experience for
chefs in training.
• Inside the Food Studio – Experience the fascinating world of the professional chef to discover secrets
of the craft. Returning for its second year, this intimate experience is hosted by Tom Sullivan. Patrons
will enjoy beverages and bites while learning valuable cooking skills and insight into the Atlanta
restaurant scene. Whether highlighting tacos & tequila or burgers & boozy shakes, this behind-thescenes
look will offer unrivaled insight into the professional kitchen.
• Global Flavors International Stage – Go global with this worldly showcase, making its Taste of Atlanta
debut. Top culinary talent from the city’s diverse international restaurant scene will demonstrate what
goes into their signature cuisine.
• Home Plate Main Stage – This year, get ready for a throw down. Renowned chefs battle it out and go
head-to-head on the main stage. These culinary craftsmen will tackle secret ingredients, themed
challenges, unique recipes and more.
More than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite restaurants and most exciting chefs will serve up their specialties at
this year's festival. From international cuisine to under-the-radar eats, Taste of Atlanta spotlights the
incredible energy and diversity of Atlanta's shining food scene. For a complete list of participating
restaurants, visit http://tasteofatlanta.com/rests.php.
To kick off the monumental 10th anniversary festival weekend, Taste of Atlanta, in partnership with Living
Social, will host the first-ever Big Grill – A Midtown Block Party in Tech Square on October 21. As part of
the 10th anniversary celebration, Food Network’s Aarón Sánchez will join local celeb chefs such as Kevin
Rathbun for a fun, food-filled evening. Fifteen select restaurants will be onsite that evening to showcase
their signature cuisine in a fun-filled environment.
TASTE OF ATLANTA TICKET INFORMATION:
• General admission tickets (includes 10 taste coupons): $25 in advance; $35 at the gate. Kids ages 13
and under receive FREE admission (excluding taste coupons) when accompanied by a paid adult.
• VIP tickets (includes 15 taste coupons and access to Wine+Beer+Cocktail Experience): $75. A limited
number of VIP tickets are available, and the first 300 ticket holders each day will receive a festival gift
• Taste coupons are used to purchase food from participating restaurants. Menu items are valued at one,
two or three taste coupons. Additional taste coupons are sold in increments of 10 coupons for $10 or 20
coupons for $20.
• Tickets are sold at locations throughout Atlanta including Cook’s Warehouse and Ticket Alternative
outlets. Purchase online through Ticket Alternative at www.TasteofAtlanta.com. Advance tickets must
be purchased by midnight, October 22.
About Taste of Atlanta:
Taste of Atlanta is a two-day festival that attracts food lovers from throughout Atlanta, the Southeast and
beyond to enjoy tastes from more than 80 restaurants from all over the Atlanta Metropolitan area. Guests
can sample delicious dishes, sip robust wines and beers, be entertained by demos from local and celebrity
chefs, and enjoy interactive sponsor experiences and family-friendly entertainment, while uncovering the
incredible dining treasures the city has to offer. Join us Saturday and Sunday, October 22-23 in Technology
Square. Stay connected to Taste of Atlanta 2011:
• Sign up for the Taste of Atlanta newsletter at www.tasteofatlanta.com
• Follow Taste on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tasteofatlanta
• Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tasteofatlanta
# # #